When is MREXCEL coming to England?

London to Manchester would take 3.5-4.5 hours to drive, particular location and traffic depending. Birmingham would be on the way. Might then be sensible to fly back down to Southampton which is then 1.5 hours drive back to London.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I just checked out the courses offered by CIPFA and CimaGlobal. Wow. They seem really expensive. GBP 350 for one day.

Here, people usually pay $75 to $125 for a morning seminar.

What is your opinion? If I were to simply try to rent a conference room and offer a 3 hour seminar each morning, what would be a fair price? This assumes you don't get a book nor CPE credits. If I could assume four cities x 20 people per city, it would not take a lot to cover airfare, car and hotel.

Remember the exchange rate is approx £1 - $2, so your upper price of $125 = £250.

Having googled a few courses £250 looks a little expensive, the usual prices seem to range from £150 - £190. Not too far off the mark from your US prices.

Thorin, you’ve gone the wrong way, $125.00 would be approx. £62.50

Bill

If you stop overnight in Southampton you and your family would be welcome to stay with me & my family - we only live 3 miles from Southampton Airport. Hopefully that would make the trip more affordable for you since then you won't get hit with a night's hotel bill.

I'm a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) one of the governing bodies of accountants in the UK. I have had almost nothing to do with them in the past (apart from paying their membership fees annually, of course!), but if you would like I don't mind approaching them on your behalf. Please let me know if interested.

From the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) angle, I'm not sure that you necessarily need sponsorship/accreditation (by my Institute certainly) for it to account - this is something else I will try and look in to.

Richard

Interestingly, if I would fly USA to Manchester, then return from London to USA, the flights are even less expensive.

So, this would seem to point to something like:
Manchester on Monday 19-Nov
Birmingham on Tuesday
Long drive to Southhampton for Wednesday
London on Thursday
Fly home on Friday

Richard - thanks for the generous offer of lodging.

My QUE books are published by Pearson. They are headquartered in the U.K. My contacts there are checking on the continuing education credits. Richard - if you find out anything on these, please let me know.

If Pearson gets involved, then my guess is we would include the pivot table book from Pearson and shoot for the GBP 65-70 range.

How about weather? Any worries of snowfall or blizzards up north in late November?

And...for the family. Any suggestions on sightseeing in Manchester, Birmingham, Southhampton? I have an older athletic teen who loves rock and roll and a younger teen who is a Harry Potter fan. Any ManU matches in November?

Hi Bill,

When I started this post I didn't think you would be willing to come across, I am so glad you are.

Im in India at the moment on holiday, so havent had a chance to reply.

You should definatly do Manchester (London is obviously a given), when I get back in three weeks, if you haven't been able to sort a place out here I can do it for you (the people from Leeds im sure would be happy to do the 50 min drive, since your doing the 5 hour flight :LOL: )

I don't work for an accountancy but I have worked for a few Stockbrokers in and around Mancehester and there big on CPD and I know they would jump all over this.

Manchester United Premier League fixtures in November:
Nov 3rd: Away at Arsenal (London)
Nov 10th: Home to Blackburn
Nov 24th: Away at Bolton

How about Bournemouth or Southampton?

Bournemouth gets my vote if Leeds is off the cards, any excuse for a weekend away.

Dom, we could get the train down to Kings Cross & poss travel with a few others from our neck of the woods?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back