When is MREXCEL coming to England?

Gettingbetter

Like many others, I always check on Upcoming Seminars with the hope that MrExcel will be coming to a town near me. However living in Manchester in rainy England its more wishful thinking than anything else.

You can tell by the flags that there are loads of Brits (or limeys as I believe you refer to us) on the board and im sure you would easily sell out any you book.

Come on Bill, get yourself across the pond and do a Seminar over here!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I second that, but can you come to the south east please (I hear Suffolk's nice).

You wouldn't want to go as far north as Manchester.
It's cold and wet up there :)

Yeah ... anyone got their snorkels and flippers out? It's not looking pretty from here.

Denis

Hey gang,

I would LOVE to come to England for a couple of seminars.

My secret here in the United States is to find a local chapter of the accountancy society to sponsor the visit. They do the advertising to their members and arrange for a conference room. Here in the U.S., the chartered accountants have to have 24 hours of continuing education every 2 years to keep their licensure, and another role of the local accountancy group is that they have the authority to issue the continuing education certificates for the seminar.

So - do any of you know if there is a group similar to the Institute of Managerial Accountants or the Institute of Internal Auditors with local chapters in the large cities? By any chance, are any of you members of one of these?

Bill

I'd be up for this, definitely if it comes off

Would have to travel down from Yorkshire tho

Does that mean you've got to be an accountant to attend then? Rules me out.

Dom

You definitely don't have to be an accountant. Everyone who uses Excel would love the seminar.

Help me out with geography. If I were try to book 3 seminars, back-to-back-to-back. Say that I would fly from Cleveland to London Gatwick on a Monday. Do a seminar in London on Tuesday. Which other cities could I consider for Wednesday and Thursday that would be a short airline flight?

Edit: I just thought to check Google Analytics. They say that in the UK, the most traffic at MrExcel comes from:
London 33.1%
Birmingham 4.5%
Manchester 4.3%
Thames Ditton 3.5%
Brentford 3.3%
Edinburgh 2.1%
Poplar 2.0%
Milton Keynes 1.6%
Reading 1.4%
Bletchley 1.2%
Sheffield 1.1%
Cambridge 0.9%
Watford 0.8%
Swindon 0.8%
Leeds 0.8%
Bristol 0.7%
Gloucester 0.6%
Glasgow 0.6%
Croydon 0.6%
The list goes on for another 400 cities...

Bill

Bill

Birmingham and Manchester are your best bets - they are both major metropolitan areas with significant economic activity to generate the required interest in the seminar. However, I suspect you may well end up being best advised to hold two seminars in London itself. It dwarfs the rest of the country in terms of both GDP generation and Financial Services business concentration (who will make great use of Excel). It's bigger than both Birmingham (the UK's second city) and Manchester put together. I would then go with Manchester for your third seminar (it's further away than Birmingham and yet accessible from Liverpool, Leeds and other metropolitan areas).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back