When Pivot Table Refresh with new data line Item should not Change

Dinesaaa

Hello,

I use to have a pivot for set of data and provided comments in the next column, when new data added to my data source and when I give refresh pivot table line items getting collapse and due to which my comments in the next column mismatches.

I would like to add the new data into the last line item.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Are you saying the pivot table gets wider and erases your comments?
If so, that can happen when you add a new data row that creates a new column in the pivot.

Upvote 0
Are you saying the pivot table gets wider and erases your comments?
If so, that can happen when you add a new data row that creates a new column in the pivot.
yes, you are correct. I am adding new data to the existing pivot table, once refreshed, below scenario's are happening.

1, As you mentioned, new lines are added if the combinations are same it is adding to the existing line items. but that is not the issue.

2, If the combinations are different it is creating a new line but those lines are reflecting randomly into the pivot line items. I want it to be comes after the existing line items if combination is different.

Apologize for the delayed response!

Upvote 0
Then can you post a mini worksheet with the xl2bb add in (link below). Maybe have two versions of the same data source and pivot, one as the baseline and the comments you have typed, and another with new data in the data source and showing how the comments were removed or not where you want them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back