Where are the saved folders with thread?

FryGirl

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Maybe I'm just blind and can't see it, but how do I get to all the threads I have saved in folders?

I think they all got unfoldered and moved to the Watched list.

Thanks shg. I see that now.

It may seem awkward and inefficient (especially if you used the folders to track helpful posts), but the board has a Bookmark functionality that you can use to tag particular posts. And then you can search your bookmarks to quickly find the desired post.

At the top right of each post, there is a bookmark icon. Click the icon and you can enter personal tags for it.
1574272066284.png

Then to search your bookmarks, click your profile button at the top right, select the Bookmarks tab and you can filter for specific text
1574272126031.png

Bookmarks are really great.
One addition to @starl's comment above.

Use the labels to categorize your bookmarks, not as the message (title) of the bookmark.
For example, I label all VBA related questions by using VBA label (and VBA pops up next time I try to add another VBA related bookmark - those are saved as your personal labels for bookmarks, then you can simply select when typing in the Labels box):

1574280002567.png

This way, I can quickly filter my bookmarks in bookmarks page.

And yes, just as you would guess, you can use multiple labels for a bookmark. It is kind of "using folders", except more efficient. I really love it.

Maybe I'm just blind and can't see it, but how do I get to all the threads I have saved in folders?
Hi I came to this forum by an accident as one of my post moved here. This post really interest me. Was it possible to save your own posts in folders? That would be great idea to organized them and to search them. I read the answer that Watched list is the answer, but is it possible to save my own posts or maybe other users post in folders? to categorize them? Thank you very much

Thank you Tracy and Suat. That additional information helped.

Hi lezawang...read the responses by Tracy and Suat. It should help.

Let me understand this. If I had saved a thread in the prior version of this forum, then that is now located in the watched threads which date back over 10 years of activity. If I wish to find those dozen or so threads, I need to filter through 183 pages of watched threads and then book mark them. I would have thought that during the migration that you folks at MrE may have given some priority to identifying those that were in the former "Special Saved Threads." Just for the record, Starl, I am not happy with this scenario.

Let me understand this. If I had saved a thread in the prior version of this forum, then that is now located in the watched threads which date back over 10 years of activity. If I wish to find those dozen or so threads, I need to filter through 183 pages of watched threads and then book mark them. I would have thought that during the migration that you folks at MrE may have given some priority to identifying those that were in the former "Special Saved Threads." Just for the record, Starl, I am not happy with this scenario.

We are working on this. I expect it can be done in a week or so.

@smozgur
Thank you. I would hope that once this option is available you would post back on this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back