Where has my VBE layout gone?

Richard in Redditch

Hello.

I am running Excel 2013 on W7 Pro 64bit. I have just recently noticed (when I came back to it after quite a few months) that the configuration of my VBA editor screen had changed. I would like to get it back to the neat way of having the code editor as the largest pane, and the immediate pane on the bottom, and the Project explorer on the left hand side with the Properties box beneath the explorer.

What happens is that when I push Alt-F11, the screen opens either as code or Project explorer. If I have a code screen, I can call up explorer, but that takes over the whole screen, and vice versa. I can always move between the two, but I would like to have the original back.

I am at a loss for an idea. This is not mentioned in any of my books, and I have repaired Office from the original CD. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?

Regards

Richard

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Click the View menu and the ones you want and then set each to suit?

Upvote 0
Hello Kenneth.

Many thanks for your speedy response to my post.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work - if I have the code screen up, pressing ^R causes the Project Explorer to replace the code screen completely, and vice versa. It is as if the code screen and the Project screen act like a toggle switch! However I can display (and move) the Properties box without trouble.

Could this be anything funny in the Registry?

BW
Richard

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We could do the registry trick to restore the defaults.

First try to toogle your window view options off and on. I will give details if needed.

Upvote 0
It might be that you don't have the windows docked. See the link below...

https://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/VBEDocking.asp

Hello Mark.

Thank you so, so much! Ticking the box to dock the PE is a complete cure. Wonderful!

Hello Kenneth

Thank you for offering to walk me through a registry edit. That is very kind of you.

Thanks again to you both for making me completely happy in VBA (for the time being at least!)

With Best Wishes

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back