Where these xlnm#_Filterdatabases in my dimTables are coming from?

Skeptical

Hi,

I was trying to import some FactTables and DimTables from Excel recently. When I try import them I can see some of them Tables with suffix xlnm#_FilterDatabase are appearing in my Table list.

This is not the first time it's happening and very annoying. Sometimes I had imported these xlnm#_FilterDatabase Tables and got some incorrect results in the PowerPivot tables.

I never used any type of filters in my data.

Where are these coming from?
Where is the fault?
How to deal with them?

I need a standard way of avoiding them with out appearing in my Table List.

One more question about the source data I have been haunted by.

Can I have formulas in my source Excel tables which are meant for importing into PowerPivot engine??

Thanks in advance
Skeptical

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Generally, when I pull data into Power Pivot... I do it directly into the Power Pivot window (from database, from csv, from xlsx, etc) or from Power Query. I am guessing you are linking excel tables into your Power Pivot model? If so, the name from the "Table Name" field on the Design ribbon.

Only static values will actually get imported to Power Pivot.

Upvote 0
Hi Scottsen,

Thanks for looking at my post and congrats on your 1000 posts Achievement.

I did not link them but imported them using From Other Sources-->Excel. I did some workouts on the blank cells and later cleaned them off with Clear Formats as well as Clear All. But that should not affect this way, right?

Anyways, Can I use formulas (Vlookup, Index/Match) in my source tables (Excel tables) to use them importing into PowerPivot??

Skeptical.

Upvote 0
Typically, "cleanup tasks" before pulling into Power Pivot would be done with Power Query -- however, "yes". I'm sure you can work out how to import from excel that did some formula magic. Easiest would be usnig an excel table, as power pivot can directly import those (and future changes to the tables are reflected in the power pivot model). Otherwise, you are looking at exporting to a CSV and *then* important to Power Pivot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back