Where to find Excel project consultants who are also proficient with Access?

trvrt30

Hi all,

I have found this board extremely helpful for individual problem solving. With all the knowledge here, I also thought it might be helpful for recommending professional excel/access experts.

For the last year I've been building/using a somewhat complex and dynamic test analysis program in Excel (Mac 2010) for my SAT tutoring business in NYC. Basically, I have encoded all of the existing SAT tests into excel so that I can receive students' test results and automatically produce score reports, recommendations, and charts personalized to each student.

I don't know any VBA so I've been doing this entirely with formulas. Furthermore, I don't know how to structure all this in a way to preserve working memory (I'm just doing what I need to do to make it functional as I go). So you can imagine how painfully slow this thing gets as it gets bigger and bigger.

And as my business has grown, so has the demand for these reports. It is past time for me to optimize this thing both in terms of limiting the number of steps required for report creation/printing and increasing speed of calculation. (For example, it takes at least 5 minutes to refresh certain pivot tables or copy/paste certain data; and a good 10 minutes simply to save my file; worst of all, I'd say about 15% of the time I take these actions, excel just crashes).

I'd really like to find someone with VBA knowledge and perhaps an understanding of how to link Excel and Access (since I'm starting manage so much data in Excel, I think Access makes more sense) who could help me optimize this model. If you have any ideas of specific people or places to look into, or how much I can expect to pay for this sort of thing, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi all,

I have found this board extremely helpful for individual problem solving. With all the knowledge here, I also thought it might be helpful for recommending professional excel/access experts.

For the last year I've been building/using a somewhat complex and dynamic test analysis program in Excel (Mac 2010) for my SAT tutoring business in NYC. Basically, I have encoded all of the existing SAT tests into excel so that I can receive students' test results and automatically produce score reports, recommendations, and charts personalized to each student.

I don't know any VBA so I've been doing this entirely with formulas. Furthermore, I don't know how to structure all this in a way to preserve working memory (I'm just doing what I need to do to make it functional as I go). So you can imagine how painfully slow this thing gets as it gets bigger and bigger.

And as my business has grown, so has the demand for these reports. It is past time for me to optimize this thing both in terms of limiting the number of steps required for report creation/printing and increasing speed of calculation. (For example, it takes at least 5 minutes to refresh certain pivot tables or copy/paste certain data; and a good 10 minutes simply to save my file; worst of all, I'd say about 15% of the time I take these actions, excel just crashes).

I'd really like to find someone with VBA knowledge and perhaps an understanding of how to link Excel and Access (since I'm starting manage so much data in Excel, I think Access makes more sense) who could help me optimize this model. If you have any ideas of specific people or places to look into, or how much I can expect to pay for this sort of thing, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

You can try freelancer.com or guru.com. I haven't tried them myself, so I can't vouch for the service you will receive.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back