Where to start with a Speadsheet for calculating what points a person has accumulated

Andylane

Hi All, my first post so sorry if its in the wrong place!

Im looking to make a spreadsheet for a local club which im involved with that will track their points throughout a season and show who is the winner at the end.

Basically its a horse riding club and they have around five events a year and around 10 classes each event. i need to be able to track which member has won each class on each show and display these as a points based system.

the winner of each class receives 6 points, 2nd you will receive 5 points, 3rd 4 points all the way to 6th and 1 point for each event

i imagine there will be losts of data to input (over several sheets) to set up initially but want it to calculate a cumulative total of each 'member' for each class on each event with a running total shown which will also update as the winner changes (i.e another member earns more points as they enter more events). now each member may not enter all 10 classes and cannot enter the same class more than once at each event

sorry for the detail but hopefully someone could show me where to start and which formulas i need to look at to start to set this up

if ive not explained very well or more details are needed ill provide what i can explain :)
not sure how to attach things but when i figure it out i can attach what ive got so far

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Are you going to fill in the April, May, etc. blocks at the top and want formulas to calculate the points per person below?

Upvote 0
Hi kweaver
That's exactly it
Every event I will fil out the blocks and I would like it to calculate the points below

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back