Which Formula Would Be Best Please.

Greg92

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,
The attached screenshot is of the last time minutes before a horse race in the UK
I am trying to monitor at what price ( the middle and left of three columns) the money (left column) is being matched at . This screenshot is of a ten minute period, so the ranges can be much larger for longer time periods ,range is from 1 to 350 (Middle column). When the market is live the Money arrives slowly to start with the as post time arrives it will come much faster so can be matched at any price but typically will arrive within a 3 to 4 tick price range and this range will move up and down the ladder updating dynamically at a chosen speed from 200mls to 5 seconds depending on deployed strategy. Using the screenshot as an example, Im looking to monitor the whole ladder, if we take the price of 185 where £13279 has been matched as the" Touch price" or last traded price I would like to generate a singnal when the next £100(amount to be adjustable) is matched and whether the price its matched at is up or down from tough price.
Many thanks for any input Greg

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_216 Apr. 26 11.02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_216 Apr. 26 11.02.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
You haven't given us enough information to answer this. How do we tell which price is the "Touch" price? Is it just the last cell to be updated. How do we tell when £100 is matched?? what form do you want the signal?

Upvote 0
Good Morning Offthelip,
I've attached a screenshot that shows the info in another part of the sheet, which shows the touch or last traded price LTP ignore row 6 but after that each row is one seconds data with the countdown cloak to the end of the market on the left > as to knowing when a hundred pounds is match the figures just update with whatever is matched so i guess we would need to take snapshot between updates and then subtracted that from the updated prices to see what's been matched at what price .
many thanks greg

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_217 Apr. 27 08.37.jpg
    ScreenHunter_217 Apr. 27 08.37.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I am sorry but I still have no idea what you want. This is an Excel forum, the requirements you are asking for are very much related to the application you are using to provide your data feed.. If you want some help I think you firstly need to describe what your data feed produces on your worksheet. i.e which cells are updating and how fast. You then need to describe which bits of this data you need to record so that you can compare with the previous iteration to find out what has changed. Or are you already doing that?? If you are, you need to decribe which are compared to which cells to find out what has changed. Only when we have details of what the CELLS are doing can we help with the EXCEL

Upvote 0
Solution
I am sorry but I still have no idea what you want. This is an Excel forum, the requirements you are asking for are very much related to the application you are using to provide your data feed.. If you want some help I think you firstly need to describe what your data feed produces on your worksheet. i.e which cells are updating and how fast. You then need to describe which bits of this data you need to record so that you can compare with the previous iteration to find out what has changed. Or are you already doing that?? If you are, you need to decribe which are compared to which cells to find out what has changed. Only when we have details of what the CELLS are doing can we help with the EXCEL

Having reread my posts I have to agree with you , I guess I'm not great at explaining what I need , it is very much an Excel question and Excel that I need help with so I shall write some stuff out on paper and have a go at explaining it better before I post again .
Many thanks Greg H

Upvote 0
Having reread my posts I have to agree with you , I guess I'm not great at explaining what I need , it is very much an Excel question and Excel that I need help with so I shall write some stuff out on paper and have a go at explaining it better before I post again .
Many thanks Greg H
Hi Offthelip,
Turns out that when I wrote the problem down you were 100% as I had no idea what the cells where doing either or where they where drawing the data from!!! I tried looking for formula i.n the cells but there is none . So I emailed the software seller and he has told me " it's from column K I think" .
So armed with this knowledge I will try again to explain my Excel question or I may have to mark this as solved and ask a new question. Many thanks for your expert help once again Greg H

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymonster123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back