White is the new Yellow

welshgasman

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

Posted here on thread https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1078016-what-am-i-missing-again.html and got to the bottom of that problem. Solved it by using the Round() function.

Now my sheet and not even the affected rows does not show values > than a cell value as yellow.?

When I go to CF I find that the yellow icon is now just white.

Have tried a repair and reboot, but just the same.?

Not a big deal, i can choose another colour, but would love to know what has gone wrong.?
Even the icon on the ribbon for yellow is now white?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I would be interested in knowing that also, since the color palette dialog box is part of the Excel Application, the 56 icons should be fixed for the standard colors in the palette and not accessable by the user for change. That is why there is the 'More Colors' button for the user to create custom colors.

Upvote 0
Well I am pleased (and relieved) to say it fixed itself.
I shut down the computer last night and as I normally do, put it down and went to bed.
However it did not shut down, complaining about saving Excel files, so when I went to switch it on this morning, it was still at that position, so I cancelled the shutdown.
It complained about AutoRecover not be available for this session, but when I opened Excel my Personal.xlsb and the xlsm file were in the Recover list.?

So I selected the xlsm and low and behold the yellow colour is back for the cells, the colour icon in both the colour pallete an the icon on the toolbar.

Upvote 0
Well I am pleased (and relieved) to say it fixed itself.
I shut down the computer last night and as I normally do, put it down and went to bed.
However it did not shut down, complaining about saving Excel files, so when I went to switch it on this morning, it was still at that position, so I cancelled the shutdown.
It complained about AutoRecover not be available for this session, but when I opened Excel my Personal.xlsb and the xlsm file were in the Recover list.?

So I selected the xlsm and low and behold the yellow colour is back for the cells, the colour icon in both the colour pallete an the icon on the toolbar.

Anomallies happen!
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0
Finally found the reason. :eek:

I have an app on my PC called f.lux. It softens the colours for night time viewing.
When this is in effect, the yellow conditional formatting becomes white.

When I started the PC the following day, it was of course daylight, so f.lux was not running.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back