whole row mandatory and Prompt Answers from previous cell

babiijodiix

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

I am new to excel and having a mess around with creating mandatory cells. My worksheet is basically 15 columns across (A-0) and due to me having hidden layers above, for some rows to be auto filled, the first row where the data entry will begin is on number 27.

I have managed to create a mandatory message before saving but only on one cell at a time. I basically want to have a message pop up before saving if any of the columns, B, E, F, G, I, J, M, and O have no information in them. For example - if Column B was empty it would prompt a message before saving saying "Postcode Required" and if O is empty, then it would say "Name Required". Each column would have its own error message.

Once I have this sorted, the next thing I want to work out is if a certain row (G) has the option "Unhealthy" (created in a drop down list using data validation), than row H needs to have reason why.

Hope anybody can help

Thanks

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
This is easy to achieve, but in order to get the response correct, Just to check:
you want to check if the user has left some cells in a row empty. Say that the user has entered something in cell A27, then it needs to check if all the other cells in that row (columns B,E etc as per your post) have been filled out. But not for the other empty rows 28 and downwards. So only if some data has been entered in a row.

if so, which columns is the user allowed to enter data in? Only B,E, F, G, I, J, M, and O , or also other columns?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back