Why can I use Power Pivot and Power View in Excel 2013 but not on Excel 365?

alfranco17

Board Regular
Hi.

I can use Power Pivot and Power View in Excel 2013 but not on Excel 365. It looks like I should have a File-Options route to fix it, but there is no Options in Excel 365.

Any ideas on how to fix it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Armando.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
The current desktop version included with a 365 subscription is Excel 2013 but the Power BI tools are only available with specific SKUs. You need a ProPlus version of Office, or standalone Excel. Daft decision, but that's what it is at the moment.

Upvote 0
Thanks Rory.

I can use Power BI. I have an action pack. I just can't seem to be able to put them together.

Hopefully they will make it simpler. Excel could dominate the BI environment if it was easy to use. I heard Lotus would charge extra for the Pivot Table equivalent and that hurt them. Let's hope Microsoft reconsiders.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by Excel 365. You mean Excel 2013 that comes with your Office 365 subscription? Which subscription do you have?

Make sure you find the COM Addins settings, and see if you have it there to enable...?

Upvote 0
I have the Microsoft action pack subscription. Mi PC's version is Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.

When I go to office.live.com, log in with a 365 account, open an Excel spreadsheet, there is no Pivot table icon. Nor Power View. And I can't find an options button. It's like the lowest Excel version for the PC, only on-line.

Upvote 0
The web apps (or whatever they're called these days) only have a subset of the functionality of the desktop applications. (They have no VBA for example).

Upvote 0
You need this (click here) if you want Power Pivot to work in the web version of Excel. It can get confusing though. Office.live.com, OneDrive, Office 365 (many versions), etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back