Why does object redraw every time?

pcc

Hi all. I have written a workbook that allows me to display chords for the ukulele (I am left-handed and I cannot find a left-handed version on the internet anywhere.)
In order to do this, I have created a drawing object by grouping together various lines and rectangles, to mimic the fretboard of the ukulele.
I then choose which chord I want (eg C major), and code runs to work out where to put fingers against which frets, (after first deleting the previous chord), and then adds markers on the fretboard to display the chord. The code that runs simply looks at data (on the same sheet as the drawing object), to determine fret positions etc.
This works fine, but every time I choose another chord, the drawing object redraws itself, and this slows the whole process. Screen updating is turned off, and there is no switching between worksheets as the drawing object and the data are all on the same sheet.
Can anyone offer a solution to prevent the drawing object redrawing very time?
Regards

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
PS just noticed the signature is wrong. It's my old one from work days. I am at home, and now using Excel 2002 (don't laugh!)
Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back