Why does the VLOOKUP not work???

kgoshia

Board Regular
The issue I think with my formula is that second set of VLOOKUP that is separated by the (*) "circled in Orange.

My goal is that a user has to enter a value in cell E5 from 0-600 this represents an AC voltage range, and I will have 5 different augments about the voltage for example <50 VAC, 101-149 VAC, 150-200 VAC...... This part works perfect.

What does not work is that the user also has to make an entry in Cell E10 "where the red circle is" either a 1 or 2. The argument when you enter a 1 works, however when a 2 is entered it returns a "FALSE" statement.

My formula did not have the (*) between the 2 argument, but excel added this when if looks at the formula.

So at the end of the day all I want is to get the argument in Cell E10 to work whether there is a 1 or 2 entered into it.

Thanks

CC%20Calc-Page4_zps2leg5kup.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
You cant attach files on this forum.
Upload the file to an online storage site then place a link to it on this forum.

At present we cant see the formula at all because of the absence of the image.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my experience of the multiplication is sometime the formula is off, and excel gives that as an option until its fixed properly. If you are not expecting to multiply, then check the formula

Upvote 0
You cant attach files on this forum.
Upload the file to an online storage site then place a link to it on this forum.

At present we cant see the formula at all because of the absence of the image.

Code:
=(IF(E5<=50,IF(E10=1,(VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,3,0)*(IF(E5<=50,IF(E10=2,(VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,5,0)))))))))

Upvote 0
was this what you were trying to do
Code:
=IFERROR(IF(AND(E5<=50,E10=1),VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,3,0),IF(AND(E5<=50,E10=2),VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,5,0))),"")

Upvote 0
was this what you were trying to do
Code:
=IFERROR(IF(AND(E5<=50,E10=1),VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,3,0),IF(AND(E5<=50,E10=2),VLOOKUP(1,'AC Mains Transient Voltage'!A5:F22,5,0))),"")

Ding,ding,ding it's a winner.Thank you so very very much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back