why is the excel help manual so bad

kylefoley76

On so many occasions I have put in a keyword into the help manual and nothing comes up. Then I ask my question in mrexcel and get an answer. Why? Why can't they make the help manual better? It's almost like they expect us to ask a question in mrexcel. For example, I want to learn how to write subscripts in excel. I put in subscript in the help manual and nothing comes up.

The Excel (and presumably Office in general) Help files have been getting worse with every version. Like many others I know, I keep 2003 installed mostly because the help files were so much better than all subsequent versions.

The Excel (and presumably Office in general) Help files have been getting worse with every version. Like many others I know, I keep 2003 installed mostly because the help files were so much better than all subsequent versions.

How true!

product of the words economy, its just M$ print manufactures dont even manuals at all any more all CD and help is in 73 languages and even the drivers are generics not custom to the unit, so functionality is lost most times

Its money saving on costs vs investment, thats the truth

Drivers all on line, help files as well and they are shocking at best

Most hardware is suffering as less upgrades / replacements are taking place thus..... money saving required

On line help is brilliant now-days - most you can get or get good help with a bit of politeness etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back