Will [non-dynamic] array formula entered in 365 without Control Shift Enter work in Excel 2010?

kcmuppet

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Given you don't need anymore in 365 to use to work with array formulae and functions...

what happens when somebody with Excel 2010 opens a spreadsheet created in 365, in which the formulae weren't originally entered with Control + Shift +Enter (and presumably don't have the curly parentheses { } ?

Does Excel 2010 recognise the formulae as array formulae?

(I'm hoping not to have to go back and change hundreds of formulae in order that somebody with an older version can use the workbook)

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Does Excel 2010 recognise the formulae as array formulae?
I very much doubt it. If you need the sheet to be backwards compatible, your formulae will need to be built as if you were using 2010.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking I might be lucky, given when I attempt to save further back - version 97-2003 - a compatibility warning comes up which says,

"One or more cells in this workbook contain a formula that has spilled or may spill in the future. These formulas will be converted into legacy array formulas and will not spill or change dimension in older versions of Excel."

1607689216871.png

....but, the problem is I'm not able to save specifically to Excel 2010 (isn't an option in my list) and I have used formulae that work with 2010 but were not available in 2003, so can't simply save as 2003 .xls.

1607689622935.png

I suppose I'll have to try it when I get back to the office and see what happens.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back