Windows 7/Excel Compatibility problems

variandick

I have been told some people are having trouble running Excel VBA Macros with Windows 7. It doesn't seem reasonable but has anyone heard of any problems?

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Welcome to the Board!

Not that I'm aware of and I'm on Windows 7.

What kind of problems are people having? If it's a legitimate issue we can report it to the Excel development team.

Upvote 0
With a recent update to Win7, I am finding that my Microsoft Office excel spreadsheets are freezing indescriminately. For example, the total task bar will freeze, which will not allow me to save, change, add or alter the document in any way. If I try, a second copy is made as in Save As and placed in the folder.

What I can't decipher is whether this is a Windows issue or a Micro Trend issue.

Is anyone else having similar problems.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Your PC may not be meeting Windows 7's system requirements.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply. Before installing Win 7 a compatability check was run. The update was installed professionally by computer technicians, and though they did encounter some troubles and had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything, all systems were go for the first month and a half.

All of a sudden, yesterday, duplicate Save As files were being formed for all my spreadsheets and others developed locked task bars, inability to save changes, and from somewhere the entire Microsoft Office became a "read only" on the properties. Changing from the read only status is not saved and once opened again, read only returns. With the individual files, tyring to change the read only is an available option, however "apply" is not available, so any changes simply revert to prior when reopening the same file... really odd...

No virus detected after scan with Trend Micro and McAfee... really wierd.

I was wondering if others were encountering similar issues with relation to Win7 and Excel.

Upvote 0
some of the copatibility issues are regarding 64-bit and 32-bit issues .Not all but most windows 7 versions are coming installed in 64-bit machines. It's having issues with some off of the office apps

Upvote 0
Excel is definately having problems here. I have it on xp and never had a problem. I can't say that it is definately windows7, but it is very sad to lose your info, and I save it often and still keep having to redo a lot of work. Very frustrating. If anyone knows the fix let me know.

Upvote 0
I have no problems with Excel and Windows 7, and I'm working with a dual-core 64-bhhit processor.:)

Upvote 0
Laptop is new and was made to run with windows7. I will ask my husband who is a professional in the field to double check it but I would be surprised if this higher end laptop doesn't meet compatibility issues.

Upvote 0
Iys not the laptop that will be the issue, it's the other applications that so far haven't been set to be compatible with windows 7 and office 2007 and versions before are not yet fully windows 7 compliant. Remember the roll out of XP? was similar problems then also

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back