wire tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstilwell

I have thousands of wire tags to make for a very large water treatment plant in San Diego Ca. which I have already input where they are comming from and going to, in cell A1 on down! Now in the next cells to the right which would be B1 on down I am trying to create a formula so I do not have to re-type again.
Example of the tag in A1: RIO 2-CR6105-14-(34) to VCP 60.0283-TB2-2
Example of the tag which would be in B1 after creating the formula.
The formula would take this wire tag which is comming from thr RIO 2 cabinet and change it so as when we put the tag at the VCP it would read:
VCP 60.0283-TB2-2 to RIO 2-CR6105-14-(34)

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
So you're swapping the references over?

if your first data is in A2 (allowing for headers), try:

=MID(A2,FIND("to",A2)+3,50)&" to "&LEFT(A2,FIND("to",A2)-1)

in B2

Upvote 0
Try

<b>Sheet4</b><br /><br /><table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; padding-left:2pt; padding-right:2pt; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:322px;" /><col style="width:320px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td></tr><tr style="height:18px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td >RIO 2-CR6105-14-(34) TO VCP 60.0283-TB2-2</td><td >VCP 60.0283-TB2-2 TO RIO 2-CR6105-14-(34)</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Spreadsheet Formulas</b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >B1</td><td >=RIGHT(A1,LEN<span style=' color:008000; '>(A1)</span>-FIND<span style=' color:008000; '>("VCP",A1)</span>+1)&" TO "&LEFT(A1,FIND<span style=' color:008000; '>(")",A1)</span>)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table> <br />Excel tables to the web - Excel Jeanie Html 4

Upvote 0
Thanks, I will input the formula in B1, highlight and scroll down as to copy! Looking at this formula will it work if my next wire tag in A2 reads PCM instead of RIO 2 and (to UST) instead of (to VCP)? I always have a (to) for the destination on all tags, although the cabinets and numbers change from tag to tag.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aivin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back