Won't find the data on the first line or the last line with this code

Nlhicks

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is there some kind of trick I don't know about that will filter and show the data in the top row (row 2) and the last row?

FindRightRow()

Dim XfmrUpdate As Worksheet, Sheet3 As Worksheet
Dim x As Long
Dim y As Range, z As Range
Dim c As Range
'Dim resp As VbMsgBoxResult
'Dim ans As Variant
'Dim rnData As Range,
Dim Ws As Range

Set XfmrUpdate = Worksheets("Xfmr Update")
Set Sheet3 = Worksheets("Sheet3")
Set Ws = Sheet3.UsedRange

With Sheet3.Range("A1")

If XfmrUpdate.Range("C3").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=1, Criteria1:="*" & XfmrUpdate.Range("C3") & "*"
If XfmrUpdate.Range("C4").Value <> "" Then .AutoFilter field:=2, Criteria1:="*" & XfmrUpdate.Range("C4") & "*"
Rowz = Application.WorksheetFunction.Subtotal(4, Range("A2:N" & Rows(Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row))

If Rowz > 0 Then
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C8").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("C2:C685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C9").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("D2:D685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C10").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("E2:E685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C11").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("F2:F685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C12").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("G2:G685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C13").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("H2:H685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C14").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("I2:I685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C15").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("J2:J685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C16").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("K2:K685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C17").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("L2:L685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C18").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("M2:M685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C19").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("N2:N685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C20").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("O2:O685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C21").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("P2:P685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C22").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("Q2:Q685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Xfmr Update").Range("C23").Value = Worksheets("Sheet3").Range("R2:R685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
'End If

End With

End Sub

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Your code doesn't seem to match up with your question.

If all you want to do is show the first row (Row 2) and the last row of data on a sheet by filtering, try the following:

VBA Code:
Sub TestFirstLastRow()
'
    Dim LastColumnNumberInSheet As Long
    Dim LastRowInSheet          As Long
    Dim LastColumnLetterInSheet As String
'
    LastColumnNumberInSheet = Cells.Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column                               ' Get the number of the last column used in the sheet
    LastRowInSheet = Cells.Find("*", , xlFormulas, , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row                                              ' Get the last row number used in the sheet
'
    Cells(1, LastColumnNumberInSheet + 1) = "Temp Header"                                                                   ' Assign a Header to the next blank column in the sheet
    Range(Cells(2, LastColumnNumberInSheet + 1), Cells(LastRowInSheet, LastColumnNumberInSheet + 1)).Formula = _
            "=IF(ROW()=2,""1st Row"",IF(B3="""",""Last Row"",""""))"                                                        ' Assign formulas to the added filter column
'
    LastColumnLetterInSheet = Split(Cells(1, LastColumnNumberInSheet + 1).Address, "$")(1)                                  ' Get the Letter of the Filter column that was added
'
    Columns(LastColumnLetterInSheet & ":" & LastColumnLetterInSheet).AutoFilter                                             ' Assign Filter
    Range(LastColumnLetterInSheet & "1:" & LastColumnLetterInSheet & LastRowInSheet).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>"   ' Filter the data for the first and last row
End Sub

If there is more to what you are wanting to do, please provide more specifics.

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi Johnny :) ,

What I am trying to say is, when I do my filtering: If it is the very first row (Row 2) for instance then, it will pull up the data but then it hides for some reason. The last row I know that it has to do with the UsedRange command. I did see that there was a way around it but I am not sure how to apply the way around to what I am doing. The way around was its own code that was pretty involved and I am not sure how to incorporate that with all that is going on in my own code and make it work. I am going to try and alter my formulas to include some of what you have in that code above and see if I can make it happen. Thank you. If you have any other suggestions please let me know what they may be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcaw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back