Word count Deadline

tgreene2856

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B474It8rivBNMXYyWEI5U09TRHM Click the link to see the Workbook. I am trying to setup my word count log to have two-word count goals. One for the whole novel and one for weekly. I use two pie charts that fade away as I accomplish my goals. My issue is my weekly pie is always about a quarter left on the pie. I want it setup to be whole from the start.

The reason is I am using my whole novel word count formula for weekly. You will have to check the link to see this, but I have four dates. Beginning and end for the novel and week. Based on that I put my goal, which is 85000 for the novel. My weekly goal is 17000 while I already have 13000 words written. My actual goal is 4000 words. I want to set it up to put the actual word count 4000 instead of 4000 on top of what I already have.

Please help. I made the file available to anyone with the link, please let me know if you can't see the file.

Thanks

Tim

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Is the full pie always going to be 4000? Or is it the 17000 weekly goal minus whatever is currently written?

Upvote 0
Sorry about the cross posting. To answer the questions, the full weekly pie would be whatever I put as the weekly goal. This week I want to write 4000 but next week I want to write 6000.
Or is it the 17000 weekly goal minus whatever is currently written?
Vaskov17. Right now that is how it is setup. Since I have 13000 words, and wanted 4000 as my goal I had to put in 17000. I don't want to do that.

What I am looking for is something like this:

Example =Vlook H6 in D jump 2 add F27 through F34.

Whatever date I put in H6 will search Column D for that date and then jump over two columns and add that cell and the six below it. That way the formula in P10 will see my word count goal is 4000. The seven cells being added up will be 0 until I add the numbers to them. As I add numbers the total words will go up and the pie chart will go from being full to empty.

I hope this helps.

Sorry again about the cross posting. If anyone needs the workbook it is attached to that post in case my link to my Google Docs isn't working.

Tim

Upvote 0
Found a better way to say this.

Example =Vlook H6 in D offset by 4 add the cell is lands on and the six below

Upvote 0
Solved it. Incase anyone stumbles onto this thread, the solution is. =SUMPRODUCT(SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(N14:N20,D14:D378,0)+12,MATCH(F13,D13:F13,0)+3))))

Tim

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back