Word Pages to Excel Sheets Macro

aequitas1903

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I am working on word documents that has financial numbers on them. I am copying word pages to excel to calculate the numbers by using formulas and etc. I will cut to the chase; is there a way or a macro to insert into an excel template workbook(.xltx) when we open the template there will be a command button to select the word document (which we want to copy its pages) to excel sheets. When a new page begins a new sheet will be created and the page will be pasted on the new sheet.

It is not important if it has to have a command button to select the word document it is ok to run the macro and select the word document and it does not has to populate sheets according to length of word document (I can create lost of free sheets on the template)

The main idea is to gain the time I spend on copying the word document to excel sheets. Some documents can be very long (100 pages). I am using MS Office 2007.

I triend to export data but excel does not allow me to select word documents.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks to everyone at least who reads this

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Are you doing the word document as the final product or the front end of your process? I've used a named range and mail merge with much success for this sort of excel to word thing before. Perhaps that would work for you as well? (I know it sounds like a weird way to go, but its pretty amazing sometimes too)

Upvote 0
front end. word document is the starting point of the work. The problem is I am not exporting from data to excel, I am trying to export data from word to excel. Word pages to excel sheets. But every word document is different from the last one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back