Words over cell

sixchinreyes

Hi I have a question, a person from another company sent me an excel pricing sheet for one of their products and I noticed that whenever I move my mouse over certain cells a box pops up over the cell and says "for Vendor Use Only". I was wondering how this was done as I have never really seen anything like that. The cell itself is not protected, so I can type it. It shows the number in the cell but the box still pops up and says "For Vendor Use Only". Can you please help me out this seems like a really nice function that I would like to add to some of our Excel worksheets. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

VoG

Legend
Is it a Comment - in a yellow box? If so try Insert > Comment.

sixchinreyes

It is not a comment, that is a good idea though but it could be deleted. This box for some reason can not be deleted in any way that I know of.
The box that comes up is like a small pop up box. It only comes up if you click on the cell

Last edited:

Smitty

MrExcel MVP
Welcome to the Board!

Is it from Data-->Validation-->Input Message?

HTH,

sixchinreyes

Yes it is, I just checked it and that was it. thank you so much, you guys are amazing. Once again I just want to say thank you for helping me out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamamia93

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...