Words over cell

sixchinreyes

Hi I have a question, a person from another company sent me an excel pricing sheet for one of their products and I noticed that whenever I move my mouse over certain cells a box pops up over the cell and says "for Vendor Use Only". I was wondering how this was done as I have never really seen anything like that. The cell itself is not protected, so I can type it. It shows the number in the cell but the box still pops up and says "For Vendor Use Only". Can you please help me out this seems like a really nice function that I would like to add to some of our Excel worksheets. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
It is not a comment, that is a good idea though but it could be deleted. This box for some reason can not be deleted in any way that I know of.
The box that comes up is like a small pop up box. It only comes up if you click on the cell

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is, I just checked it and that was it. thank you so much, you guys are amazing. Once again I just want to say thank you for helping me out

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back