Work Break calculator

Rob-UK

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi gurus !

I would like to create a sheet that auto populates staff breaks in a working day.

I have 2 choices for breaks on an early shift, 2 choices for breaks on a late shift, and 2 choices for breaks on a night shift.

I have a table that shows each person's name and their preferred choices for each shift.

I am hoping that in a new table I can select if its an early, late or night shift, and then using data validation select a list of names that are working. Then a magic button or something that will look at the preferred times for each person working, and populate their break time with one of their choices.
Obviously I do not want everyone to have the same break so need to factor in a max number of times a break can be allocated depending on the day in question!
It sounds complicated to me but hopingnits not, as will save soo much time every day trying to work it all out.

The staff working any one shift change regularly so it's not like I can create a template were I to have the same team every day. There are 25-50 people I need to allocate breaks to each day!!!

Thanks in advance. Rob

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
To clarify, each staff member gives their 2 preferred times out of around 6 options. Those 2 options will always be their options hence why a spreadsheet could work I think!

Upvote 0
I take it from the unusual lack of responses that this is not at all straight forward, and would require some VB programming etc ?

Equally, if I'm not giving enough information, let me know!

Continued appreciation for any help.

Rob

Upvote 0
Link to sample data- Data

cells e2:eek:17 show data. Cells a2 and b2 will be selected by user, and names of those working, and whether dropback shift will be selected from list in cells a4:b18.

Column c4:c18 would show the time selected by the program based on the times available and noting the 2 preferences given.

One additional bit of info will be the maximum number of people on a particular time if that is something I can select. Annoyingly that is likely to change based on the day and how many people are in !!

I will then aim to produce a sheet with the times for each day which this sheet data would populate.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Upvote 0
The link provided requires permission to access. Even then, you are only providing an image. Pics are nice but do not provide the actual file to work with.

For best results, create a sample file showing a BEFORE and AFTER sample of what you are attempting to accomplish. Mock up the actual data showing
the before and after.

Post the file to a CLOUD site where it can be easily downloaded for review, then provide the link to the download here. The link should NOT require the
use of passwords or special permission. That will make it a simple process of accessing and downloading.

Upvote 0
The link provided requires permission to access. Even then, you are only providing an image. Pics are nice but do not provide the actual file to work with.

For best results, create a sample file showing a BEFORE and AFTER sample of what you are attempting to accomplish. Mock up the actual data showing
the before and after.

Post the file to a CLOUD site where it can be easily downloaded for review, then provide the link to the download here. The link should NOT require the
use of passwords or special permission. That will make it a simple process of accessing and downloading.
Thanks for this. Apologies. I thought the link was an accessible one. Have now put up basic spreadsheet and made accessible to anyone with this link

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back