Work schedule with drop-down list of employees

francois_dionne

Hello,

I am making a work schedule on Excel for my employees and I need some help with a specific feature. I want to create a drop-down list with all the names of my employees so that, when someone select his name in the drop-down list, the work schedule only shows the work shifts of that specific employee. I saw this feature in the past, and I've been looking for a way to recreate this without success.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Frank

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hello,

I am making a work schedule on Excel for my employees and I need some help with a specific feature. I want to create a drop-down list with all the names of my employees so that, when someone select his name in the drop-down list, the work schedule only shows the work shifts of that specific employee. I saw this feature in the past, and I've been looking for a way to recreate this without success.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

I think you're thinking of Data Validation. Click the cell you want to use for the drop-down list. Then go to the "Data" tab and click "Data Validation". Under "Allow" select "List" and under "Source" choose the list of Employees (which, if you don't have, make first).

As for showing their schedule, you'd have to show us a screenshot of your sheet or give us more information to see what you have and what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Svendiamond is right. I'm wondering if you wrote in the work schedule of all of your employees manually. If you did, you might have had a head ache figuring out who can work which shift on a given day. I just finished an excel file that looks at employee availability and requested days off to populate lists of of available workers. This makes it easy to decide who to schedule for work on a given day. Read about it on this Facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Excel-Schedule-Builder/336643339818224?ref=ts&fref=ts

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back