thestones757

I have a work schedule in excel using the date of the shift, the time, and the money made and so on, if I were to make weekly totals, how would I make a good equation for the total of shifts, hours, and money made? I was thinking countif but i dont know how to encompass all of the dates in a particular week without writing them all out, would really appreciate the help.

Weekly Totals
Week Shifts Hours Money
February 1, 2010 ? ? ?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I think it has something to do with the following formula:

COUNTIF(A3:A400,"<="&today()-7)

but I do not know how to substitute the "today" for the start of the week I desire. Once again appreciate the help

Upvote 0
I would add a column for a Week Number and use the =WEEKNUM(Date) function to assign week numbers to each date. Then do a Pivot so that the data can be Grouped at Week level (or any other level for analytical purposes).

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response, good idea. I set that up with no problems, now i want to represent shifts hours and money. I thought shifts would be easy, i tried using the function:

=DCOUNT(D2:D400,"Week Number",Q3)

where D2:D400 is my Week Number that I have in my data section separate from my weekly chart and Q3 is the week number that I will be representing data for in my weekly chart, for some reason it is returning #value and I have tried everything. Doesn't make any sense maybe you could clear that up.

Next question is I cant even think how to Sum the number of Hours (already have a column for each shift in the data section) or Total money (again already have a column) I was thinking an If statement but that could become pretty extensive if i had to input multiple upon multiple If statements. I appreciate your help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back