work shifts

Phil-e

Board Regular
This is only my second post tothe board. You helped me last time so I thought I would try again. I am trying to figure out a AM / PM work shift based on the date. We rotate AM's to PM's every two weeks, starting on Mondays even if it is a holiday . I have the work days all figured out taking into account all holidays. What I am trying to do is to be able to put either AM or PM into a cell (say A2, with the work date in a1 thru aa1), then have the next cell (B2) figure out if t has been two weeks of AM's and if it has, put PM in the cell and start counting again. I dont know if I can do this with a formula or if I need to do it with VB code. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. You guys do great work.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
If A1:AA1 are fixed dates in order then why not just manually put in 2 weeks of each.....I must be missing something here. Is this a visual need or for calculating pay differences between AM and PM.

Upvote 0
Thanks Ken. The dates are not fixed. they contnualy advance as the year progresses. With the holidays skiped a work week may only be three or four days, but if it is the second week on a given shift we change. I am trying to be able to put in any start date and let it show the shift.
Phil

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back