Workbook ideas...

How_Do_I

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
My question is, how would you go about making a worksheet for football current form?
<o:p> </o:p>
I’ve just used the macro which creates a worksheet for each team and transfers the data to each sheet … My data is 8 columns wide and I copied and pasted it to create 65119 rows… I was shocked at how quickly that data was sorted.
Any way, the only idea I’ve had on current form involves 48 Advanced Filters run by macros initiated by comboboxes. 4 Advanced Filters would run for every result I enter, which could be quick judging by the above macro I’ve just described.
The Advanced Filter is sorted by date order so where the 5<SUP>th</SUP> and 8<SUP>th</SUP> oldest results will sit… there waits my old buddy, the fabled VLOOKUP and surrounding formulas. These will take the data to a table and sort it by rank etc…
So, how would you deal with current form please?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I don't know about any of the other helpers, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Could you please elaborate?
What is a "current form"?
Are you really using all 65 thousand rows?

Upvote 0
Current form... in this instance is sporting terminology for how a team has performed in the last nth games.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
No to the rows, I wanted to see how quick that macro was and it was quick... I'm not going to use it in my work book I just wanted to see it perform... Its current form is impressive.<o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0
OK...

You still have not described what you are actually in need of.
What are the 48 filters for?
What are the "results" you're talking about?

Not all of us play football or even have any knowledge of how a season plays out.

This is the Mr.Excel form after all... :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back