Workbooks.Open stopped working for Sharepoint Online files using Windows 7 o/s machine with Excel 2010

baggieade

Hi

I have a .xlsb spreadsheet with VBA within it that uses "Set wb_Module = Application.Workbooks.Open" to open some other Excel files and use them.

The files it opens are on Sharepoint online and the machine I am using is a Windows 7 machine which has Excel 2010 installed.

The code was working fine last week. This week it keeps crashing with this error.
1674209673174.png

I've hidden the filepath but it is a valid file path and works when I try it on a Windows 10 machine.

If I move the files from sharepoint online to a network drive then the code works so it is something specific to the files being stored in sharepoint online. I know I could move the files but we have been asked to keep the files on sharepoint online and it would be an inconvenience to keep moving them to a network drive. This solution also carries a risk that there is a update to the master copies on sharepoint and someone forgets to also copy the files to the network drive.

I run it on Windows 7 because the same Excel workbook runs so much faster on Windows 7 with Excel 2010 than it does on the Windows 10 machines we have with Office 365. That's a whole separate issue!!

When I try to access the file using internet explorer on the Windows 7 machine I can see it but I can't open it using the app. Now I haven't tried to do this before on this Windows 7 machine because it worked ok until yesterday so I can't be sure if this never worked or if this is a sympton of the issue.

Does anyone know when this might be happening now (when it was ok last week) and is there any way around it?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back