Workbooks Opening Minimized By Default

Ziggyny

Hello,

I've stumbled into a problem recently and I was wondering if anyone had heard of this happening before and knew how to make it stop...

Basically what happens is some of my Excel files (in 2007) have started opening minimized instead of maximized or normal size. This occurs regardless on if I open the files normally from Windows Explorer or programmatically from VBA with Workbooks.Open(). It doesn't happen for every workbook, just for some of them though it seems to be consistent as to which ones it does it to.

This is a problem for me because when a workbook opens normally it becomes the activeworkbook, but when it opens minimized it doesn't. I have macros that depend on the workbook I opened being the active one as until yesterday that's how this had always worked.

My hope is there's a toggle or setting somewhere that I just need to switch to get things back to normal. Otherwise I'd need to go into the logic of all my macros and make sure they explicitly maximize and activate every workbook that gets opened when that is needed, and I'd really rather not have to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas? Immediate searches here and on Google turn up nothing except requests for people to know how to make workbooks open minimized. I want the opposite!

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I got the same problem on one of my Excel files. But it was minimized by default for some users only.
Don't know how to fix this.

Any other help is appreciated.

H.

Upvote 0
I eventually found out that my issue was that the last time the files had been closed and saved, they were minimized. Try opening the files, normalize them, and save them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back