WORKDAY formula / holidays too

Aqua1967

Can someone please help me integrate the WORKDAY formula into the formula I'm currently using? I have a form that has dates that need to be populated based on a numerical code placed into cell H46. I have the number of days for the 13 codes listed on another tab called Dates. The formula I'm currently using takes weekends into consideration and I only want the dates to count weekdays.

The dates I need to populate begin in cell O49 and go through O57. Here's the formula example for the first cell to be populated by a date:
=$O$48+VLOOKUP(H46,Dates!A20:B32,2,0)

Please show me where I need to put this WORKDAY into my formula above.

It is also possible to have it not count holidays as well? I realize I'd have to list the holidays somewhere and then have the formula refer to those dates, but where inside the formula that I'm currently using (or will be using with the WORKDAY added)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Many thanks to you, in advance.​

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
VLOOKUP(H46,Dates!A20:B32,2,0) returns 'the number of days' . What do you mean with this?
number of days that work will take? Weekends to be added to get to end date?

It is not clear what you want to do with the workday. On which part of info do you want to use it to achieve what?

Upvote 0
I'll try to clarify.

When we input a numerical code into cell H46, a form is populated with dates. Those dates are allowables timeframes in order to complete one step of a process. We only want workdays to be taken into consideration. The dates begin counting based on a date we input manually on the form in a merged cell H/I6 which in turn populates cell O48. From that location (cell O48) we begin counting working days to completion of the next step.

So say we start a job today and we will have 10 working days to complete the job. We don't want the weekend days taken into consideration.

I don't know how to incorporate the WORKDAY formula feature into my existing formula in order to omit the counting of weekend days to our process completion.

Can anyone help me figure out how to adjust my existing formula to achieve this? I sure appreciate everyone's time and help with my problem.

Thank you!!

VLOOKUP(H46,Dates!A20:B32,2,0) returns 'the number of days' . What do you mean with this?
number of days that work will take? Weekends to be added to get to end date?

It is not clear what you want to do with the workday. On which part of info do you want to use it to achieve what?

Upvote 0
Try this formula

=WORKDAY($O$48,VLOOKUP(H46,Dates!A20:B32,2,0),holidays)

replace holidays with a range containing your holiday dates, e.g. if holidays are listed in H$2:H$20 use this version

=WORKDAY($O$48,VLOOKUP(H46,Dates!A20:B32,2,0),H$2:H$20)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back