=workday formula returning #ref

tinane35

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, hoping someone can help as I'm extremely puzzled with this one.

I used a workday formula to bring back an 'ETA' date according to 'lead time' days. the formula looks like this:

=WORKDAY(AN6,AR6,(holidays))

AN6 = shipped date (start date)
AR6 = lead time (days)

the formula is supposed to show a calculated 'ETA' excluding weekends hence the '(holidays)' rule within the formula.
This WAS working when i first input the formula and was correctly bringing back a work day date. However, this is a shared excel sheet and for some reason now the formula is bringing back '#REF'. I've looked into the 'help' suggestions provided by excel but it is only suggesting that the error has arose due to formula possibly referring to an invalid column (a column that has possibly been moved or deleted) or the date format is incorrect. I have checked both of these and this is not the case. the columns the formula is referring to are still there and are still correct.

AR6 (number of days) is in 'general' format - i've tried changing this to 'number' and it still doesn't work.
AN6 (start date) is in 'date' format - dd/mm/yyy (as is my computer system)
and the cell I have this workday formula in, is also set to 'date' format as above.

I cannot understand why all of a sudden it is not working. (picture attached)

Any suggestions welcome!
thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ref error1.png
    ref error1.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Check that nobody has deleted (or renamed) the holidays range

Upvote 0
Check that nobody has deleted (or renamed) the holidays range
thanks Fluff however there was no 'holidays' range ever entered. When looking up the formula it suggested 'holidays' would exclude all weekends automatically, which is what it was doing originally. The formula hasn't changed from when it was working originally.

Upvote 0
Holidays needs to be a named range with a list of holidays, it has nothing to do with excluding weekends, the formula does that automatically.

Upvote 0
Solution
Holidays needs to be a named range with a list of holidays, it has nothing to do with excluding weekends, the formula does that automatically.
ah thank you. i have taken out 'holidays' and this has worked. Still don't understand how it was working to begin with as the formula hadnt been amended in anyway, however happy it is working now. thanks :)

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back