Working out Networkdays in hours

kylerisi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Team,

I currently have a formula which works out the number of hours passed between a particular date and Now, i really need this to be worked out in business hours much like =networkdays, can anyone please provide me with some help on how to achieve this.

below is the formula i am currently using

=if(O6="","",(if($Q6="C","",(((NOW()-O6)*24)))))

currently my formula checks 06 for "C" if true it stays blank, if False, it then works out how many hours have passed between a cell in another sheet and the current time.

ideally if i could work out the number of ours between 9-6 monday -friday, that would be super amazing.

I have browsed other posts on this forum, but I am confused on how to embed the NOW() part into my formula

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Kyle

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I started to think along these lines, i tried replacing NOW with NEWTWORKDAYS, but I received a N/A error, I just don't know how to add this into my formula, if you could help i would appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Try

=if(or(O6="",$Q6="C"),"",NETWORKDAYS(O6,NOW())*7.5)

Change the 7.5 to your daily working hours.

Upvote 0
This unfortunately does not work. The time in O6 is 30/10/2015 14:57, the formula counts this as 1 full day regardless of the time - i.e 7.5 hours. It should be 3 hours and 3 minutes. since we stop business at 6pm

Upvote 0
Then I would deduct 2 days off the network days part, then add the calculated difference for the other 2 days, e.g. normal finish time minus 14:57 & now() - normal start time.

Upvote 0
Thanks Gaz_Chops.

Unfortunately I don't know how to construct this into my formula.

Best Regards

Kyle

Upvote 0
Something like

=if(or(O6="",$Q6="C"),"",((NETWORKDAYS(O6,NOW())-2)/24*7.5)+(MOD(NOW(),1)-"09:00")+("17:00"-MOD(O6,1)))

This will calculate the work days between the 2 dates, minus 2, then add the hours between 30/10/2015 14:57 & "17:00" and add the hours between "09:00" & now()

Change the "09:00" & "17:00" to be your start/finish times.

Format the cells as [h]:mm

Upvote 0
Hi Gaz_Chop,

This didn't work, it returns a value of around 19:00 hours. could the fact that I'm using google sheets be an issue here? I have not had any problems with using excel formulas on the Sheets platform before.

Regards

Upvote 0
I've never used google sheets, so not sure if that would be an issue!

Did you copy & paste my formula, if not post the formula you entered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back