Working with Excel and OneNote---Tips? Tricks? Resources?

MikeyW1969

Board Regular
Hi all,
First, I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but I believe I chose wisely.

Anyway, I am setting up kind of an organizational workbook in OneNote, and a lot of my content will be Excel docs.

For example, I am building an Excel Document with our different servers, what they do, their standard(UMC?) address, their IP address, and any assorted notes. I'm doing this in Excel because it is really easy to make this type of document look good in there. I will have a different sheet for each location, and one for our main corporate servers.

Then I'll have a new Excel document for contacts. One page will be our IT dept, with columns for Name, title, desk phone, cell phone, email, alternate email, etc. Once again, separate sheets, one sheet for the IT people, one for Management, one for security contacts, etc.

I'll build a few more, probably mostly in Excel.

THEN I will put these into a master OneNote Workbook, with different pages being each of the excel docs. I've inserted my initial Excel docs just fine, but now I'm looking for tips on how to make this look good, if there is a way to make the Sheet names be header names for each section, etc. Is there a OneNote forum that is as good of a resource as MrExcel, or are there people here who are proficient with OneNote? It looks like the perfect solution for what I'm doing, I just need to find people who are rock stars like the MrExcel people to help me make this thing look nice and work well.

Thanks for your time!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back