Working with minutes and seconds

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel 2013 on Windows 10 Home. I have a workbook with several worksheets tracking music. My goal is to take a concert (multiple songs) and track each piece of music. I have columns set up to track the starting time and ending time of a particular song within the entire concert. I was using a format of Custom with mm.ss.000 as the Type. I find now that I don't require either the starting or ending data to track the fractions of a second. When I change the format to mm.ss or mm.ss.0 they do not work. I also have a column that subtracts the start from the end to calculate the length of the song. At the bottom of the worksheet there are totals. It is also possible that some of the concerts may last longer then an hour which means that the starting and ending format must allow for that as well (possibly hh.mm.ss.000). I would appreciate any help with this.
Thank you,
Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I don't really see a question in there, which is probably why nobody has tried to submit an answer.

Note: a format of [mm].ss.00 will keep counting minutes, above 60 if the time is over an hour.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back