Working with pictures

HotLanta

Board Regular
Hello

I have a spreadsheet that analyzes data that is imported from text files. To communicate the results to my coworkers, I create a map of the different products that we manufacture with the results shown staggered around the map. To create the results that go on the map,

1) A macro process does a "shift, edit, copy picture" on the grid on the first spreadsheet and places these pictures neatly arranged on a blank page.
2) I then manually copy and paste these pictures onto a map of the product on a second spreadsheet.
3) Then the pictures of the results on the second spreadsheet are manually arranged into position.

I wanted to automate this process. I wanted to goto the first spreadsheet and copy the pictures onto the clipboard. Then I wanted to create an auto open macro for each map of each product. So when I have the pictures copied to the clipboard I should be able to open the map spreadsheet and the pictures will automatically arrange themselves into the correct position.

THE PROBLEM -

I noticed when I copy the pictures (Let's say 1-10), then the pictures are named (In the name box) "Picture 1, Picture 2... Picture 10" but then when they are pasted onto the second spreadsheet the names have changed to "Picture 11, Picture 12, ... Picture 20". The macro then wigs out because it is wanting to move Picture 1 and so forth.

IN ADDITION -

I noticed that if the pictures from the original spreadsheet are copied a second time then the names change to Picture 21, Picture 22... Picture 30.

MY QUESTION(s)-

Is it possible to "reset" the "count" so that "Picture 1" is always "Picture 1" even if it is copied a second time?

For those that have read my post this far down and understand what I am talking about, is there another way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks for your help.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi HotLanta

Two suggestions for solving your problem.

First suggestion:

You can copy the pictures usig the basic order from first copied to last copied.

Please check dpearson15's question, somewhat similar to yours and my answer:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=1117748&highlight=#1117748

Second suggestion:

In your macro that copies the pictures, each time you copy a picture change it's name to a name chosen by you. You can choose a name with a number sequence, like MyPicture1, MyPicture2, etc. This way each time your macro runs the pictures will always have the same name. Of couse, that means that you already deleted the old pictures because you can't have two pictures with the same name.

Hope this contributes for the solution of your problem
PGC

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back