Working With Userform controls in Design Mode

Ark68

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My userform has 10 different frames each holding a series of different form controls. During runtime, the user only every sees one frame at a time. Userform code hides and reveals the appropriate frame for the user. All the frames reside in the same location on the user form, the appropriate one is visible, the others hidden. In design mode, all these frames sit overtop top each other. This I am finding makes it incredibly difficult to work with whatever frame content needs to be worked on. If the frame I need to work on isn't the one exposed in design mode, I have to expand my user form and drag each frame to a unique place on the expanded userform area. I'm finding I just don't have enough real estate in my form to host all 10 frames independly. Sometimes, they embed themselves within each other and it becomes a struggle to separate them.

Is there a way that I can expose the control (frame) I exclusively wish to work on without shuffling everything all around?

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
There is no "select object" feature that I know of in the VBA IDE. My practice is to move the UI controls off to the side, work with them there, and then position them during runtime.

Upvote 0
Thanks dataluver for confirming that for me. I suppose I will have to work with the awkwardness.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back