Working with Userform Textbox Names in vba

Chopper50

I'm new to userforms and a self-taught VBA code writer. I have several userforms generated and named the textboxes all unique names. My user would open "Sort_Entry_Form" put in some data then click on "Enter Downtime Entries" button. This brings up a new form for them to enter downtime entries in. I have VBA that calculates the page using the "Calculate" button but you can see a lot of code due to all the names being unique. On the "Accept_Click" code, I was trying to use an integer with a For statement to reduce the code writing. This doesn't work. I'm guessing I didn't name the textboxes well, or there is a better way to identify them in VBA than each individual name. I don't see how to attach my workbook.

VBA Code:
[CODE=rich][CODE=vba]Private Sub Accept_Click()
Dim i As Integer
Dim LastRow As Long

For i = 1 To 10
  LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    If (Sort_DwnTm_Equip & i <> "") Then

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Downtime Log").Range("A" & LastRow + 1) = "Sort"
        ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Downtime Log").Range("B" & LastRow + 1) = Sort_DwnTm_Equip & i
        ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Downtime Log").Range("C" & LastRow + 1) = Sort_DwnTm_Qty & i
        ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Downtime Log").Range("D" & LastRow + 1) = CDbl(Sort_DwnTm_Sum & i)

Else
    End If
Next

End Sub

Private Sub Sort_Calculate_Downtime_Button_Click()

Dim S_DwnTm_Sum1, S_DwnTm_Sum2, S_DwnTm_Sum3, S_DwnTm_Sum4, S_DwnTm_Sum5 As Double
Dim S_DwnTm_Sum6, S_DwnTm_Sum7, S_DwnTm_Sum8, S_DwnTm_Sum9, S_DwnTm_Sum10 As Double
Dim S_DwnTm_Hr1, S_DwnTm_Hr2, S_DwnTm_Hr3, S_DwnTm_Hr4, S_DwnTm_Hr5 As Double
Dim S_DwnTm_Hr6, S_DwnTm_Hr7, S_DwnTm_Hr8, S_DwnTm_Hr9, S_DwnTm_Hr10 As Double
Dim S_DwnTm_Min1, S_DwnTm_Min2, S_DwnTm_Min3, S_DwnTm_Min4, S_DwnTm_Min5 As Double
Dim S_DwnTm_Min6, S_DwnTm_Min7, S_DwnTm_Min8, S_DwnTm_Min9, S_DwnTm_Min10 As Double
Dim S_Total_Downtime As Double

'********  Start Verify only Numbers in the Hours and Minutes Fields**************************
If ((IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr1) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr1 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr2) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr2 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr3) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr3 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr4) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr4 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr5) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr5 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr6) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr6 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr7) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr7 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr8) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr8 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr9) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr9 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Hr10) Or Sort_DwnTm_Hr10 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min1) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min1 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min2) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min2 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min3) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min3 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min4) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min4 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min5) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min5 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min6) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min6 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min7) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min7 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min8) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min8 = "") And _
    (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min9) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min9 = "") And (IsNumeric(Sort_DwnTm_Min10) Or Sort_DwnTm_Min10 = "")) Then

Else
 MsgBox ("Downtime entry is not a number, review and try again"), vbExclamation
 Exit Sub

End If
'********  End Verify only Numbers in the Hours and Minutes Fields **************************

'********  Start Verify No downtime where there is no equipment listed **************************
If (((Sort_DwnTm_Hr1 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min1 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip1 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr2 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min2 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip2 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr3 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min3 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip3 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr4 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min4 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip4 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr5 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min5 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip5 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr6 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min6 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip6 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr7 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min7 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip7 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr8 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min8 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip8 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr9 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min9 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip9 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr10 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min10 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Equip10 = "")) Then
 MsgBox ("Equipment is Blank and has Downtime Associated"), vbExclamation
 Exit Sub
End If
'********  End Verify No downtime where there is no Equipment listed **************************

'********  Start Verify No downtime where there is no Issue listed **************************
If (((Sort_DwnTm_Hr1 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min1 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue1 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr2 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min2 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue2 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr3 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min3 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue3 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr4 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min4 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue4 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr5 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min5 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue5 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr6 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min6 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue6 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr7 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min7 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue7 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr8 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min8 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue8 = "") And _
    ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr9 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min9 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue9 = "") And ((Sort_DwnTm_Hr10 <> "" Or Sort_DwnTm_Min10 <> "") And Sort_DwnTm_Issue10 = "")) Then
 MsgBox ("Equipment is Blank and has Downtime Associated"), vbExclamation
 Exit Sub
End If
'********  End Verify No downtime where there is no Issue listed **************************

' ******** Start adding Downtime hours to Minutes and Calculate Hours down **********************
'*****************Had to convert Form fields to Double for calculations ******************
If (Sort_DwnTm_Equip1 = "") Then
  Sort_DwnTm_Sum1 = ""
Else
  S_DwnTm_Sum1 = Round((CDbl(Sort_DwnTm_Hr1) + (CDbl(Sort_DwnTm_Min1) / 60)), 2)
  Sort_DwnTm_Sum1 = S_DwnTm_Sum1
End If

If (Sort_DwnTm_Equip2 = "") Then
  Sort_DwnTm_Sum2 = ""
Else
  S_DwnTm_Sum2 = Round((CDbl(Sort_DwnTm_Hr2) + (CDbl(Sort_DwnTm_Min2) / 60)), 2)
  Sort_DwnTm_Sum2 = S_DwnTm_Sum2
  End If
[/CODE][/CODE]

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
If your textboxes are called Sort_DwnTm_Equip1, Sort_DwnTm_Equip2 and so on, then use:

Code:
Me.Controls("Sort_DwnTm_Equip" & i)
to refer to them

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back