Workload tracker help

bhofmann

I'd like to create a workload tracking tool for a job that has predictable tasks, but is unpredictable regarding the timing of task entry into the workload queue.

Tasks arrive at unpredictable times/dates, and have a set number of days between arrival and due date for completion. I would like to be able to aggregate and trend a few count values across multiple time periods (weeks, months, quarters - either selectable or on separate reports) showing count of tasks arrived during the time period, count of tasks completed during the time period, count of uncompleted tasks in the workload queue at the end of the time period, and count of uncompleted and overdue tasks in the workload queue at the end of the time period. I expect to do manual data entry, of a task descriptor/identifier, arrival date, and completion date for each task, with hopefully all other needed information being automatically generated.

My initial thought was to do this with a pivot table, but despite the fact that I am fairly adept at pivot tables, I couldn't figure out how to manage to get this one to work.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back