Worksheet event code

Peter Muller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Excel Experts,

I run macro’s from a Drop Down list. I have 20 macro’s in the list.

• These macro’s run from a worksheet event code. Is it at all possible to group the macros into sub categories in the drop down list, similar to a dependent drop down list, within the worksheet event code? This then allows me to select the category, which opens another view window, from which I select the macro, and it then runs immediately?

• Is it possible to increase the size of the view window when I click on the drop down arrow so that I do not have to scroll down and look for the macro I want to run?

Thank you

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hello Peter,

It sounds like you want to have create a dependent drop down list. Check out this guide which explains how to create it.

Cheers
Caleeco

Upvote 0
Hello Peter,

It sounds like you want to have create a dependent drop down list. Check out this guide which explains how to create it.

Cheers
Caleeco

Thank you for getting back to me, but this is not what I am looking for

Upvote 0
@Peter Muller - simply saying "this is not what I am looking for" is unlikely to help you get what you do want.
Without repeating what you have already said in post#1 ... perhaps you could explain in more detail exactly what you do want - it may help if you illustrate with sample data

Upvote 0
@Peter Muller - simply saying "this is not what I am looking for" is unlikely to help you get what you do want.
Without repeating what you have already said in post#1 ... perhaps you could explain in more detail exactly what you do want - it may help if you illustrate with sample data

Okay, thank you. Will do shortly

Upvote 0
Okay, thank you. Will do shortly

I have a spreadsheet with 7000+ rows, containing 4 divisions/groupings/categories named Quarter 1, Quarter 2, Quarter 3 and Quarter 4.

Quarter 1 starts at Row 3 to 1800, Quarter 2 from Row 180 to Row 3800, etc.

I extract information from each quarter via macro’s, five to six macro’s per section.

All the macro’s are contained in a Data Validation List, activated in Range 'A2'

When I click on Range ‘A2’, the data validation window opens, listing the 20 odd macro’s one below the other, which I then scroll through to activate the relevant Macro. When I select the macro I want, the macro is activated via the worksheet event code.

Instead of scrolling through the list showing 20+ macro’s, I would like to only see Quarter 1, 2, 3 and 4 shown when I select A2, and when I then select Quarter 1, it opens a second window listing the 5+ macro’s relevant to Quarter 1. When I then select the relevant macro, it automatically executes. All of this is contained/activated in/from Range A2.

Upvote 0
Peter

Unfortunately you can really do what you want with data validation, in particular you can't make the data validations lists any bigger.

Even if you increase the font size of the cells containing the validation the dropdown will stay the same size.

Instead of data validation you could try using ActiveX comboboxes or a userform.

Upvote 0
T
Peter

Unfortunately you can really do what you want with data validation, in particular you can't make the data validations lists any bigger.

Even if you increase the font size of the cells containing the validation the dropdown will stay the same size.

Instead of data validation you could try using ActiveX comboboxes or a userform.

Thanks Norie, hopefully there is a solution to my other query.

Upvote 0
Peter

What other query

Do you mean having dependent drop downs?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back