Worksheet randomly minimizes

argharghargh

This is more of a question about the Excel program itself. I have no problem with any functionality, but at random intervals, the worksheet area will reduce in size (will no longer be maximized), and eventually minimize entirely. Throughout, the ribbon does not change.

It's almost as if something I'm doing is triggering an internal "restore" button, but I haven't been able to figure out what might be the cause. The closet I've gotten to replicating this error is that after the first time this happens, moving my mouse towards the upper right corner of the worksheet (not the program) will cause the area to reduce again.

Help with this unusual problem would be appreciated -it's pretty obnoxious and I have not been able to find any similar issues on other forums.

Deuces

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I can't say I've ever experienced or even heard of this before. Which version of Excel and which operating system?

Upvote 0
Odd - that's the setup I use most of the time and I've never experienced that. Does it happen often enough for you to try running Excel in Safe mode for a while and see if it still happens?

Upvote 0
I'd estimate it happens between every 10 and 25 minutes when doing lots of Excel work. By this I mean that the amount of the time the window is open, because I haven't noticed any increases in frequency of this issue if I use less/more complicated Excel functionality.

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F10 seems to be the antithesis of this issue, I've noticed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back