Worksheet rows stop at row 298

SRMPURCHASE

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I cannot seem to open any rows below 289, when I try to insert a row I get the "cannot push non-empty cells off the end of the worksheet" error. Somehow I set the very last row in this worksheet at 298 and no more. Help Please?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Press Control + End and check which row was stopped. Maybe you put some information in the last row of the excel sheet.
What error does it send you?

Upvote 0
That row is the last row with data in it.
rows stop at 298, nothing at all below, no row numbers, grid lines or anything else, just grey space.
I can't remember anything I may have did; as in set a table etc. that could have caused this to happen.

Upvote 0
Do you have an error?

The rows are not visible, they may be hidden, select all the cells, right click on any cell and select show.

Upvote 0
They may be hidden below 298 but I cannot unhide them, I've tried all I know on how to unhide hidden rows.
It appears as this worksheet only has 298 rows in it and can go no further.

Upvote 0
Is the sheet protected?

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
You can't have a worksheet with only 298 rows in it, so they must be hidden. Select all cells by clicking the grey square between the row 1 indicator and the column A one, then right-click a row, choose Row height, and set it to say 15.

Upvote 0
Setting all rows to a height of 15 worked, never would have thought of that solution, thanks.

Upvote 0
I understand, you go into a desperation because the sheet was lost. Good thing it already works.

Upvote 0
So, how did setting the row height to 15 expose the rows below 298? What was keeping them hidden?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back