Worksheet Week or Month View

stirlingmw

Board Regular
Morning all.

I am trying to find a way of filtering my data into 2 different views, can you help?

I have a worksheet what is a blockplan of activity over the next couple of years. Column A has a list of my employees, Columns B2:APE2 date from 01/01/20 to 31/12/2022 showing the Month, Columns B3:APE3 date from 01/01/20 to 31/12/2022 showing the Day and B1:APE1 has the formula =YEAR(B2) to =YEAR(APE2).

I then block in sections below these dates where my employees will be conducting tasks for me. each coloured block is relevant to a type of task. As there are a lot of columns relating to these tasks i am trying to find a way to filter the data either by Month, Week or Day view. I am thinking a dropdown list in Cell A2 to select the view, but cannot find how to accomplish this.

my data looks like this, the T refers to the team that will be conducting that tasking:
wORKSHEET.jpg

Thanks in advance

Regards

Steve

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You can not filter colums, only rows. You could use vba to hide / unhide columns if desired.

Personally, I would split the sheet and lock column A and rows 1:3, then simply scroll to the desired point, leaving past columns off screen anyway.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPJ_Harper

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back