Worksheet_Calculate Target Workaround?

pksmith3

Hi All,

I am trying to locate a cell when its value changes due to data coming into excel from an external application. It would be nice to have the column and row, but the row alone would be very useful.

Worksheet_Change was tried, but I can only get it to work with changes that are typed in manually - i.e. not effective for what I'm trying to do.

This brought me to Worksheet_Calculate, which fires on the type of data changes I'm working with, but falls short in that it does not offer a Target argument.

So at this point I can run code anytime *anything* recalculates (changes its value from external source) but it runs without direction. I am working on a solution to identify the changed cell through current/previous comparison. While this will work, it will be inefficient and I am hoping to replace it with a better approach.

Ideas:
- Some way to make Worksheet_Change fire on the type of changes I need to capture
- A different object with Target argument or similar
- A different implementation of the Intersect workaround that will accomplish the goal (I have read several posts about this, but none seem conceptually relevant to this case)
- Other workarounds?

Thanks to the contributors on this forum. Previous posts have been a great help thus far.

I'm using Excel 2010 on Windows 7 Pro.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back