Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) to include offset and allow user to drag cell value to subsequent rows, and countif formula

WildBurrow

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Two parts to this query:
  • 1) I've written the following code to address each row within range (F15:F44), aka table "WellList[ERP Group ID Number]". It works, but it's rather ridiculous and repetitive. I'm looking for something more concise/elegant which will still allow the user to drag the value from, say F15 down to F44, without triggering an error.
VBA Code:
'Reset Removed items if only one item in Group ID
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("F15")) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Value = ("Removed") Then 'Keeps the data/row but eliminates the values from further consideration (e.g next procedure)
        Range(Target, Target.Offset(0, 1)).Copy Destination:=Range("V13") 'Paste Columns F & G to Columns V & W
            If Range("X15").Value = "Suspend" Then 'Column X value supplied by COUNTIF formula
                Call MsgMustSuspend ' Tells User to follow a different procedure
                Range("F15").Value = "-" 'Resets Column F value
            ElseIf Range("X15").Value = "OK" Then
                Exit Sub
            End If
        End If
    End If

• 2) The even clunkier part of my worksheet is this; I'm using range ("V13") as a temporary holding cell for the Target.offset(0,1) value (Column G). The purpose is to compare the selected row's Group ID with the total number of rows with the same Group ID within range("F15:F44"). If the selected row's Group ID is listed only once, then a message box appears which tells the user to follow a different procedure. Below is a sample of the formulas. This works, but it requires thirty lines of formulas. Is there a better way to accomplish this either by A) incorporating it into Part 1 (above) or keeping it as a second and separate step?
Column VColumn WColumn X
Row 13 (Pasted from above code)"Removed" (value from column F)Group ID Number (value from column G)not used
Row 14 Headers for this COUNTIF function 'table'Group ID# of WellsFormula
Rows 15:44 (relative row referencing)=WellList[@[ERP Group ID Number2]]=COUNTIF(WellList[ERP Group ID Number2],V15)=IFERROR(IFS($W$13=V15,IF(W15>1,"OK","Suspend")),"")

Blanket Apology:
I work for an entity that will not allow me to download “XL2BB” nor join platforms such as Box or DropBox. I am hampered by using a vehicle with square wheels 😊.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I've solved my problem by updating the formulas and code.

First, I removed all the formulas in Columns V:X (ugh, 90 formulas - ridiculous!). I then wrote two new formulas; one counting the number if rows in the target Group ID, and another counting the number of rows within the target Group ID that was listed as 'Removed'.

Column VColumn W
Row 13 (values pasted from code)"Removed" (value from column F)
Group ID Number (value from column
Row 14Group ID row count (label)=COUNTIF(WellList[[#All],[ERP Group ID Number2]],$W$13)
Row 15'Removed' row count (label)=COUNTIFS(WellList[Well Status],"=Removed",WellList[ERP Group ID Number2],$W$13)

Second, I revised the code to look at the difference between cells "W14" and "W15" to trigger the needed message box.

VBA Code:
On Error GoTo JoyfulExodus
Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("F15:F44")) Is Nothing Then
        If Target.Value = ("Removed") Then
            Range(Target, Target.Offset(0, 1)).Copy Destination:=Range("V13")
            If Range("W14").Value = Range("W15").Value Then
                MsgBox "You have removed all the wells from this Group ID." _
                & vbNewLine & "Use the 'Suspend ERP Group ID' checkbox above.", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "Must Use 'Suspend ERP Group ID'"
                Target.Value = "-"
            End If            
        End If
    End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

JoyfulExodus:
    Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back