Worksheet_Change event

delish

I'm sorry as this is my third post relating to the same topic but I still haven't found a solution. What I’ve got is:

If Target.Column = Some Value Then
If Target.Value >= Some Value Then
Do what I need to do
End If
End If

I'm using this with a DDE linked spreadsheet and I want to evaluate the change of a linked cell. Problem is I can’t use the DDE linked cells as my Target nor can I use a formula in another cell that references the DDE linked cell. Neither fires the Worksheet_Change event. The Worksheet_Calculate event might work but there would be too much overhead in finding the cell that meets the criteria as this sheet is updated constantly.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!!

Thanks - Dave

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi delish.
Unfortunately, I'm off to work.
Maybe someone else can run ahead with this method or you can figure it out yourself.
To use selective tracking via the calculation event, create a public variable which holds the value of the "Target" you are tracking. You can then compare this value with the "Targets" current value to determin if the link has been updated. If you have many calculation, then you will need to be a bit crafty by disabling calculation at specific intervals. This may sound complicated, but it is not. I created a spreadsheet which was updated several times a second in various cells and used this method with good enough success. A stock ticker. I'll check back later if I can.
Tom

Upvote 0
Any change you can send me that spreadsheet? Also, I would be looking at a whole column of tickers - potentially up to 200.

Upvote 0
Hi Delish.
I could not find the worksheet I created back in April or the email addresses of the two gentlemen I gave it to. For now, please list some more details about your project.
From what you have said so far, I have gathered than you will have up to 200 separate values in one column updated via DDE.
How often will these cells be updated?
At regular or irregular intervals?
Do you have formulas working with these cells? If so, are there many? As for the changes being tracked: Will you be looking for certain combinations of data or just looking at each individual value's thresholds?
It might be worth your time to list an exact step by step and several "if...then" examples using real data. I'll try and help you out.

Tom

After checking out the link provided by Andrew, briefly, seems that this may be a better route than code. Keep us updated.
This message was edited by TsTom on 2002-10-15 08:07

Upvote 0
I will have up to 200 stock tickers in one column and there corresponding prices in another. I have a handful of additional fields being calculated from the stock price. These prices are updated almost constantly. I will have a range set and I will evaluate if a DDE linked cell falls within that specified range. Does that help? This thing is killing me!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back