Workspace Question - Excel 2002

COgreywolf

I have a workspace that includes 4 workbooks(worksheets) to which I want to add an existing additional workbook(worksheet) that is not currently park of the workspace. I cannot see how to do this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
if I'm understanding it correctly you want to add a new worksheet to an existing workbook....you should be able to either right click on any of the sheet names and select insert, or hold down Shift and tap the F11 key.

Upvote 0
No Weasel. I want to add an existing spreadsheet that it is not included in the workspace to this workspace. Let's say worksheets A, B, C and D are the worksheets now in the workspace. I want to add a new worksheet E to the worksheet so that all 5 worksheets will open when I open the workspace. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Ok, I think I got it now....
To add a new file to the workspace just open it and arrange it however you want it then just resave the workspace with the same file name.
The workspace kind of just builds links to the actual worksheets so just resaving the workspace itself should add the new workbook to it

On the older versions of excel it should be file...save workspace I believe...the newer versions its on the View Tab...Save Workspace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you. I will copy the existing worksheet to the new one created in my workspace and I'll be good to go. Thanks a lot. The answer was staring me in the face.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back