Would like to eliminate #NUM error from my columns

Gusnk

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Excel Experts –

I have two spreadsheets, one with a set of data with 23 columns and over 2,000 rows. Each year there will be additional rows added. I also have ranked each column (category) to provide me top to bottom player performance. I have also correspondingly named each column (category) in a different spreadsheet so I can list the players top to bottom. Some of the categories have criteria that must be met before listing the player. If they do not meet the criteria, they will not be listed. I have used the following formulas to help me achieve this goal, but unfortunately for me it creates errors at the end of the column if the criteria have not been met. I have tried using the following formulas without success.

IF('Pitcher Career Stats'!AR2<>"","",OFFSET('Pitcher Career Stats'!$Z$2,MATCH(SMALL('Pitcher Career Stats'!AR$2:AR$5000,ROW()-ROW(AV$5)+1),'Pitcher Career Stats'!AR$2:AR$5000,0)-1,0))

IF('Pitcher Career Stats'!AS2="",OFFSET('Pitcher Career Stats'!$Z$2,MATCH(SMALL('Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,ROW()-ROW(AX$5)+1),'Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,0)-1,0),"")

IF('Pitcher Career Stats'!M2>=2000,OFFSET('Pitcher Career Stats'!$Z$2,MATCH(SMALL('Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,ROW()-ROW(AX$5)+1),'Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,0)-1,0),"")

Once it does not meet the criteria it leaves the following error message in cell #NUM!

Sample of spreadsheet:

HITS / 9

Moyer, Jamie
8.62​
Pettitte, Andy
8.76​
Sabathia, CC
9.04​
Colon, Bartolo
9.17​
#NUM!​
####​

Once the criteria are met is there some way to eliminate the error from appearing?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Gus

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Try

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF('Pitcher Career Stats'!M2>=2000,OFFSET('Pitcher Career Stats'!$Z$2,MATCH(SMALL('Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,ROW()-ROW(AX$5)+1),'Pitcher Career Stats'!AS$2:AS$5000,0)-1,0),""),"")

Upvote 0
Sufiyan97 -

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately this does not work. I have uploaded 2 images for you to look at. First one is the columns that I use to rank each pitchers stats. The second one is where I would like the output to show.

Image 1:
The formular in column AR is =IF(M2>=2000,(RANK(U2,$U$2:$U$1745,1)+COUNTIF($U$2:U2,U2)-1),"")
This allows me to rank the each player.

Image 2:
Column AV is one of the columns where I am having the issues.

Again, I appreciate your help,

Regards, Gus

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=TAKE(SORT(FILTER('Pitcher Career Stats'!Z2:AR5000,'Pitcher Career Stats'!AR$2:AR$5000<>""),19,1),,1)

Upvote 0
Solution
Fluff -

Thanks it works perfectly. I just have to remember not to have any data below or to the right. I appreciate all the help I received from the forum.

Best regards,

Gus

Upvote 0
You can have data to the right as it should only spill down.

Upvote 0
Fluff -

When I used the formula your provided and I left original data in the right column, the #Spill error appeared completely in the 100 rows. Once I removed the data to the right it filled in correctly. I than replaced the data to the right column.

Best regards,

Gus

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back