Write a VBA Code and VLOOKUP Values from multiple excel files into a master sheet

Charles Wanda

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Grateful if anyone can help with this.

I have a set of production data which is reported on a daily basis (Image A: Report For January 1, 2022) i.e different excel Worksheets that represent production data for a specific day(date). There exist a specific folder on my desktop where all the reports are saved.
However, to consolidate these production data for the different days into a single master table/excel in a specific order as seen on Image B (Master Excel Sheet Table)), I have to manually enter the data. I realized this method is prone to mistakes.

Given that the daily reporting format for everyday remains the same, what VBA code can I use to automate the process?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to your responses.

Attachments

• Master Excel Sheet Table.PNG
    Master Excel Sheet Table.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Report For January 1, 2022.PNG
    Report For January 1, 2022.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 27
I started playing with your files and I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to help. Macros depend for the most part on consistent patterns. In the Consolidated workbook for example, some of the "IB" sections in row 3 have 8 columns and others have 9 columns. Also, the columns in yellow in the Report workbooks, rows 6 to 17, are not contiguous and the yellow columns in row 24 are also non-contiguous and in different columns from those in rows 6 to 17. You also have many merged cells in your files and these most often create problems for macros and should be avoided at all cost. These are a few examples. It's not that a solution is not possible, it's that there are so many variables that based on my experience, it would make it impractical. Perhaps another Forum member with more experience would be able to find an efficient solution. I don't know. Sorry. :(

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I started playing with your files and I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to help. Macros depend for the most part on consistent patterns. In the Consolidated workbook for example, some of the "IB" sections in row 3 have 8 columns and others have 9 columns. Also, the columns in yellow in the Report workbooks, rows 6 to 17, are not contiguous and the yellow columns in row 24 are also non-contiguous and in different columns from those in rows 6 to 17. You also have many merged cells in your files and these most often create problems for macros and should be avoided at all cost. These are a few examples. It's not that a solution is not possible, it's that there are so many variables that based on my experience, it would make it impractical. Perhaps another Forum member with more experience would be able to find an efficient solution. I don't know. Sorry. :(
Not a problem. I am grateful for your assistance with the previous files and thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back