Write MP3 Tags back to file

Todd Bardoni

Anyone ever figure out how to edit MP3 tags in Excel and then write it back to the MP3 file?

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Yes. See this post. The links there are no longer good. However, I still have the ocx on my machine. Download from the link below. If you need help, reply with your questions. The control is very easy to use. There is also code on the net to edit tags without the control but it's a toothache.

PanthersMp3TagOcx.zip

Upvote 0
Thanks. I haven't looked at this but could it be used to do mass updates? Say if I list my mp3 files, typed in genre, etc, could I just create a macro that would use this ocx to update all of the tags?

Upvote 0
Todd.
If you can post an example of what you intend on doing with your tags, I'll come up with an example using the control. Are you adding, deleting, or just changing the values of existing tags?

Edit: I was being bad... :)

Upvote 0
thanks, right-Click. I'm going to play with it myself first (as soon as I have time) and post my results.

Basically, I want to list out the tags to my MP3s in a worksheet. Then i want to edit those tags and then write the tags back to the file. Fairly straight forward.

Upvote 0
This sounds like a quality little gizmo

Right_Click - have you got anything lying about where you have used this control in your code? If so, could you post it here, or e-mail me with it? patrick.muldoon@comet.co.uk

I've got loads and loads of mp3s with dodgy tags, and this seems like a quality way to sort it out - when I can make the time to actually do it.

Nice one

Patrick

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back